Connecting a PC to a TV via SCART.

jonhead34

Standard Member
Hi all

I would like to be able to connect a computer to my main TV in the lounge. The TV has SCART inputs only, so does anyone have any experience of connecting a PC to the TV via a SCART socket? Is it possible?

Thanks very much in advance for any help!

Regards

Jon

Flimber

Distinguished Member
What is your graphics card ? Does it have TV out ? Easiest way is with an S-VIDEO+STEREO AUDIO - > SCART IN lead from a graphics cards' TV output. This will also work if the graphics card has only got composite video output but the results will be less good.

Alsi, IIRC, certain ATI cards can be made to output RGB via a vga/scart lead but with no flicker control.

Mike.

nicp01

jonhead34 said:
Hi all

I would like to be able to connect a computer to my main TV in the lounge. The TV has SCART inputs only, so does anyone have any experience of connecting a PC to the TV via a SCART socket? Is it possible?

Thanks very much in advance for any help!

Regards

Jon

Hi

I have used 3 different graphics cards over the years with tv out ( some come with short leads, 3 colours to svideo and scart). Ive bought leads up to 15m long consisting of svideo cable and twin audio cable on PC end using a splitter into yr sound card to a scart at the tv end...these you can pick up in various lengths from your local computer fair (usually in a college or leisure centre on a sunday 10-3) and all the various connections for peanuts...knowledgeable folk there will tell you what you need, just look for the stall with all the leads they got me going several years ago ...I think I paid £12 for the 15m and £1 for the stereo connector..
My current set up is the allinwonder 9800se prophet from dabs ...with a PC sender (wireless- only good for 35feet though thru thick walls) I got on ebay for 60quid..Ive used the sender software and Ive also tried meedio ( the 9800 comes with a wireless remote) to select the directories and files from the hdrive prior to playing but the fonts/text dont display very well on my old philips tv..
hope this helps
peter

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom