• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting a Pansonic NV-MC10B to a PC

Fozzie Bear

Established Member
Hi Folks,
I have loads of videos on VHS-C tapes which were recorded on an old Panasonic NV-MC10B camcorder which I want to get onto DVD.
I want to maintain maximum quality so rather than using an adapter cassette in a VCR, I want to play them back on the original recording device to reduce tracking errors etc.
My only problem is connecting to the PC. I was going to use my Hauppauge PVR350 as the capture device as this has an S-Video input. Unfortunately the Panasonic has a proprietary 8 pin socket which looks like a mini Din but is not.
I have two leads which came with the camcorder. A Panasonic 8 pin to BNC + Phono for video and audio respectively and an 8pin Panasonic to Scart.
Does anyone know where I can get an 8 Pin Panasonic to 4 Pin Din Lead? I have tried the US but they won’t ship to the UK.
An option might be to adapt one of the leads I have. I would rather not muller the Scart lead as this is handy for playing back to TV but happy to cut the plugs off the other lead if someone could tell me which pins on the S-Video plug they need to go. As there is only a single phono I assume the sound is mono.
Alternatively is there an S Video to BNC + Phono adapter around?
Regards
Fozzie

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom