Connecting a Onkyo AV receiver to JBL wireless transmitter

enthusiast75

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry I am a novice in this and I have been reading this forum for many days. This is my first question on avforums. I am planning to buy JBL WEM-1 wireless transmitter receiver bundle to make my Onkyo TX-NR818 AV receiver connection to my surround rear L & R speakers wireless.

I am planning to connect the JBL transmitter to the SURR Pre-Outs on the Onkyo receiver and the JBL receiver to the SURR L & R speakers.

:lease:Please let me know if this will work.

Thanks.

It should work but you will be reducing the sound quality from your rears. Wires are by far the best way to connect speakers to an AVR.

Many thanks for a quick reply PSM1.

I agree the quality from the rears may suffer. But there is no way I can get the wires through to the back without running the risk of running them through the carpet. Getting someone to wire it up within the walls seems very expensive too. I spent a lot of time reading about the options between Yamaha soundbar YSP-4300 (which is apparently best of the soundbars) Vs 5.1 surround speakers, the rear ones connected wirelessly through JBL wireless transmitter/receiver. If I go with the second option (5.1 speakers), then even though the quality of the rear speakers may suffer a bit, I think the overall effect will still be better than that from YSP-4300. Would anyone agree/disagree?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Seems a shame to have such a good receiver as the 818 to then compromise the effect with a wireless rear system. There are many ways to route a cable around the room. Things like D-line trunking can hide cables quite well. Just needs a little bit of thinking. Can also often push thinnish cable into the gap between carpet and skirting.

Thanks again for your response.

There are doors on both sides of the wall, so using D-link trunking may be tricky around the doors. But your post made me think again if I have any other options.

Thanks.

I have run cable around the outside of the trim of a doorway. I have also lifted the transiston piece in the middle and run cable under there.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom