connecting a mic to my ps4

formula400

Novice Member
right I've been looking at not really found much, I've got some bose SoundLink® around-ear wireless headphones II. i plug them into my controller and play like that, can i get mic to plug in so i can chat with my mates, or can i pair my AirPods pro???

cheers

formula400

Novice Member
i plug my bose headphones into the 3.5mm connecter on the bottom on the control but then there is no space for a mic, could i use this duel 3.5mm connecter and plug a mic into that??

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
i plug my bose headphones into the 3.5mm connecter on the bottom on the control but then there is no space for a mic, could i use this duel 3.5mm connecter and plug a mic into that??

Not that one, that's just a headphone splitter. If you look at the plug, it has 2 black rings on it. That's a 3 pole TRS connector, which is just for audio. You want a 4 pole TRRS connector, so have a look for a headset splitter that has marked headphone and mic inputs.

Something like this:

Something like a ModMic is designed to connect to a regular pair of headphones. Or maybe a lavalier mic.

Alternatively, you could get a USB microphone and plug that into the PS4.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom