• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting a Mac Mini to CA DacMagic

ba9ag

Standard Member
Can anyone recommend a cable I can use to connect the digital output on a Mac Mini (3.5mm) to the digital input on the Cambridge Audio DacMagic? Am I right in thinking this will be better than using the USB option?

Thanks all

P

Peter Galbavy

I suspect that latter cable is an analogue only "headphone to phono" one. I have not looked at the link. It should say "toslink" in the name of the cable.

john9876

The Apple Airport Express Connection Kit includes the right cable (Monster branded I think) along with a variety of other cables.

I think Apple may have discontinued it but it's still available from some places online and I got one in my local Apple Store a few months ago. The "geniuses" hadn't heard of it and thought I'd made it up, but they checked their inventory anyway and discovered one in the depths of their storeroom. The "geniuses" were quite taken with it and thought it quite the bargain!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom