connecting a line doubler/scaler to projector

s1d

Standard Member
hi there, i have a zinewell britewiew scaler/line doubler and had it connected to a ben q pj. i could only get a picture to the pj by rgb. when i set it to ypbpr i cant get any picture.i was using a vga lead. i have now bought a hitachi pj and am gonna upgrade my lead. because the zinewell is a line doubler , can i have my dvd player (pioneer dv575a) output set at progressive .am i better going for a vga to component fron the zinewell or sticking with a better vga lead.also should i run it through my amp(denon 1906)any help would be much appreciated as i have been trying different setting for a while and would like your advice on the best way to connect these devices.any favourite leads?need 10m. cheers:thumbsup:

Stuart Gray

I think connecting via vga is rgb only. If you want to use YPbPr (componant) then use YPbPr on the scaler to YPbPr on the pj. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Stuart

crossy67

Standard Member
I use RGB out of my Xbox via a 10meter audio cable (very thick and good quality) to the transcoder mounted with the crt projector and then via VGA to 5BNC into my old Sony. Works great for me:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom