• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Connecting a G15 to a computer

R

robhu

I recently got the 46" Panasonic G15, and have managed to connect my computer to it via a DVI/HDMI adapter.

I can't work out how to tell the TV to use the phono (??) in for audio when on HDMI2. Can anyone give me a pointer in the right direction please?

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
In the sound menu I seem to remember there is an option for Analogue or Digtal sound in? I assume you will need to put this to Analogue. Are you using the side or rear phono connectors? again I might be wrong but I think the rear ones are phono out, not in :)

R

robhu

I've tried connecting my computer (a Macbook pro) to HDMI1, 3, and 4. The video only appears when it's connected to HDMI2. On any of the other inputs I just get a black blank screen.

Is only HDMI2 suitable for connecting to a computer? If so, how do I coax it in to using the line in audio?

R

robhu

... and now it's working ...

So ignore me and file my comment under the same category as when people say "My files just deleted themselves!" ;-)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom