Connecting a DVD player without scart

CathrynRees

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a 32" TV, and I want to be able to connect my old DVD player. However, very few TVs have SCART sockets now. Is there a way around this?

Welcome to the forum.

Modern TV's usually have an option of a special adaptor which will be a lead with a small plug which will then go to a line scart socket.

But check first whether your DVD Player has an HDMI socket - which is quite likely unless it is really old.
If it does, you can connect to a new TV via an HDMI lead which would be superior in many ways.

At this stage do you know what 32" TV model you are considering?

Last edited:
Not useful ones.

I was wondering about the model so I could try to look up whether it had scart adaptive capability.

Is there no HDMI socket on your DVD player?

Nothing that looks like an HDMI (the ones that look like a USB connection?)

SAMSUNG T32E390SX £199 - Currys
SAMSUNG UE32K5600 £269 - Currys

SONY BRAVIA 32WD752SU - £329 - Currys
LG 32LH604V - £269 - John Lewis

The Sony has a Scart, but that seems quite a lot to pay for a Scart and there are fewer Smart apps listed.

I don't know much about TVs - just that I need to get a slightly bigger, HD one

Thanks for you help

Nothing that looks like an HDMI (the ones that look like a USB connection?)

SAMSUNG T32E390SX £199 - Currys

You can get the user manual for this set here Scroll down when you get there to find the link to the manual.
On page 24 it shows the kind of input it has which could be adapted to connect to scart if necessary

SAMSUNG UE32K5600 £269 - Currys

E manual here It looks to have exactly the same connection options as the above TV. ie - Composite AV, or component or HDMI.
SONY BRAVIA 32WD752SU - £329 - Currys
LG 32LH604V - £269 - John Lewis
The Sony has a Scart, but that seems quite a lot to pay for a Scart and there are fewer Smart apps listed.

I don't know much about TVs - just that I need to get a slightly bigger, HD one

Thanks for you help

If you tell me the make model of your DVD player I may be able to find out what output options it has.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom