connecting a DENON AVP-A1HD to a Dual HDMI 3D player

minder

Hi I would really appreciate some advice on how I can connect my Denon Avp-a1hd Pre-amp to a dual HDMI blu-ray player, without haveing a 3D upgrade on my AVP-A1HD amp.

How would i connect a 3d plasma and 3d pj to a dual hdmi 3d bd player?
And get Dolby tru-hd and Dts hd master audio from the Denon Avp-a1hd with 3d blu-ray discs and not just standard Dts, dolby digital or PCM.
Anybody! :confused:

Thank you

minder

Thanks, but could you elaborate bit more with detail as home cinema is like a foreign language to me, I'm still at the early learning stages.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Dual bluray players have an HDMI v1.4 output for (3D) video and at least an HDMI v1.3 output for audio. The newer machines probably use HDMI v1.4 for both. You would connect the 3D compatible output to an HDMI splitter or matrix device which in turn will split the output to your TV and your projector. Here is an example of a 3D compatible splitter: LINK.

You would then connect the second HDMI output to your Amp. The player should be set to 'Bitstream' and turn off any secondary audio/BD Mix audio options. By setting the player to 'Bitstream', you are outputting a raw undecoded signal which in turn will be decoded externally by your Denon and you will see the Dolby True HD/DTS Master Audio lights.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom