Connecting a Denon 500 to a Sony widescreen

H

Horsefruit

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing a Denon DHT 500SD. I have a Sony widescreen KV-28HX15 tv. Does anyone know what would give me the best picture quality bearing in mind the Sony has RGB scart. (I don't want to send audio from the Denon thru to the tv).
Cheers

The scart is the best way to go as your TV doesn't have component in.This will carry the sound to your TV any way unless you have an RGB only scart.

Also when you use the tv's analog tuner the scart will carry the tv audio to the denon allowing sound through the denon speakers.

I've recently bought the 500 and though I'm impressed with the features & sound, and having connected it up to my tv ,a Sony KV 28hx15, I was a little dissapointed with the picture quality. The colours aren't in my opinion as full as my previous HCIB a Sony dav 550. The scart connection seems to give me the same picture quality as the s-video, which is strange as the scart is reported to carry a better picture.
Any ideas anyone.

The video out setting is correct on the Dennon? Quality scart lead? Connected to the RGB scart on the TV?

Problem solved, I had put the scart cable in the wrong AV socket in the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom