1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting a bullet cam to Canon mv6iMC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by 209AZ, Apr 3, 2005.

1. 209AZ

Standard Member

Dec 27, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I recently bought this model from the Canon Outlet because it had Analogue inputs.I have also just bought a bullet cam to connect to it.I had thought that all I had to do was take the supplied cable i.e. the one that came with the camcorder,plug it into the AV port and connect the bullet cam and hey presto !.Well no.

The cable has the three phono plugs on one end,red,black and yellow and a mini jackplug on the other end.If I use the yellow plug and connect it to the bullet cam there is no picture,nothing at all.

Now on closer inpection of the manual,it shows that to record from another analogue device,the AV cable has just the red and black connected,ie the sound,but the video is supplied by the S video cable.

Question is,is this the only way it can be done,or should the yellow phonoplug be able to supply the video signal from the bullet cam

If not,how do I connect the s video cable from the camcorder to the female phono plug of the bullet cam

Does this make any sense

Thanks in anticipation

EDIT for black phono read white !