1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting a 32 " LCD to my home PC

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by posser, Jun 4, 2005.

1. posser

posser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering purchasing a 32 inch LCD Television to use mainly as a PC monitor / occasional television however after reading some of the forums it looks as though I might experience some problems.

Has anyone else connected a 32inch LCD TV to their PC and if so what resolution are you using?

What would normal web browsing look like on a 32 inch screen and would the text be readable and if so from what distance?

Can anyone suggest a 32" LCD screen that would suit mostly computer use?

2. Gortz

Gortz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not any great expert or nothing but I've got a Sharp 32ga3e connected to my PC with dvi (my card is an nvidia geforce 6800 agp with dual dvi) on a res of 1280x768 and the results are fantastic. Was really easy to setup, plugged in and it came on, changed the res and it's full screen, no borders at all. It's amazingly crisp and clear, for web browsing well I'm typing this on it and I'm sat about 2m away, I can see it fine. For movies I play thru power dvd on the comp and you have to see it to believe it, brilliant!

Only prob is this model of tv is being discontinued, I had to buy it from a local AV shop for over the odds (£1600) but at least I got one!