Connecting 37WLT58 to PC via DVI>HDMI Cable?

allan_

Standard Member
I am hoping to connect my pc to my telly via DVI>HDMI. Will i be able to use a DVI-D cable on a DVI-I input (9800 pro)? For anyone that has tried DVI>HDMI, am i likely to get a decent picture?

Does anyone know what audio cable i need for sound when connection DVI>HDMI? Is it a 3.5mm Jack to RCA Cable for use with the L/R audio inputs beside hdmi on the tv?

dclayton

allan_ said:
I am hoping to connect my pc to my telly via DVI>HDMI. Will i be able to use a DVI-D cable on a DVI-I input (9800 pro)? For anyone that has tried DVI>HDMI, am i likely to get a decent picture?

You will be much better off using a VGA cable for this TV as it's the only way to get native resolution (1360 x 768). DVI>HDMI is possible but you will be stuck with a resolution of (I think) 1280x1024. I have the 32WLT58 and it looks superb at 1360x768 over VGA.

allan_

Standard Member
hi dclayton, problem is i dont want to use vga as i like to have pc and tv showing picture at the same time, dont want to switch between the 2.

dclayton

allan_ said:
hi dclayton, problem is i dont want to use vga as i like to have pc and tv showing picture at the same time, dont want to switch between the 2.

Is it possible to use the dvi connection from your graphics card to your PC monitor? Then the VGA would be free to the TV. This is the arrangment I have and it works great.

Alternativley, you could use DVI>HDMI, but would be restricted to 720P (1280 x 720).

allan_

Standard Member
I tried connecting the monitor to dvi input via the vga>dvi connector that came with my 9800 pro but the monitor doesn't display a picture, remains in standby, possible that my monitor doesn't support connecting via dvi then?

allan_

Standard Member
do you know what audio cable i need to get sound from pc to tv. i am connection via DVI>HDMI at the moment

Is it a 3.5mm Jack to RCA Cable for use with the L/R audio inputs beside hdmi on the tv?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom