• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting 360 to PC

Vu1tan

Standard Member
Help, it's driving me mad !

If I connect my Windows 7 laptop with an ethernet cable direct to my 360, the 360 see's the PC and I can stream files OK (although media center extender won't set up correctly - it fails on last tick box in Windows).

However when I go back to a wireless connection between PC and router and ethernet cable between the 360 and router, they cannot find each other at all - I have disabled firewalls, etc - still no joy. Pointing to some issue or setting on the router.

I've read up that some routers can't stream with 360 connected by ethernet ? I have a Zoom X6 router.

If this is so does anyone know how to get it working or as a last resort a router that definately does work in the configuration ?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

allanm

Standard Member
have you tried manually configuring the IP on the PC and the IP on the Xbox and directly connecting them, check without any router between

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom