Connecting 360 to dell 2007wfp

markdavies1978

Standard Member
Hi all.

I have a 360 premium & attempting to connect it to a dell 2007wfp via the yellow component jack, problem is I'm not getting a picture.

What am I missing?

Is this the wrong cable?

Thanks!

sammy4499771

Have you got the switch on the av cable set to TV as opposed to HDTV?

Why don't you connect your 360 to your monitor via VGA, you could get a great HD picture that way. At the moment you will be getting the worst possible picture from the console.

markdavies1978

Standard Member
Yeah I have.

I don't have the vga cable at the moment, was just hoping to give it a bash via the supplied cable & is bugging me.

Thanks for your reply.

jw250

Hi all.

I have a 360 premium & attempting to connect it to a dell 2007wfp via the yellow component jack, problem is I'm not getting a picture.

What am I missing?

Is this the wrong cable?

Thanks!

Sammy has said it all though I just wanted to point out an additional detail that the yellow jack you refer to is 'composite' video, correctly described by Sammy as the worst possible video connection you can use and only offers a poor standard definition video signal. Component is a 3x cable connection of Red, Green and Blue jacks which may not be available on your monitor. VGA will offer the best connection - very similar to a component connection and used by computers to connect to monitors. If you have both DVI and VGA then you should be able to connect your PC via DVI, freeing the VGA for use by the xbox via VGA, though you will need to buy this cable as an optional accessory.

Hope this helps.

LBP.Nxe

MarkDavies,

I hate to ask but just in case...

Bottom right hand corner of the monitor there are 6 buttons, from left to right...

1) Input select
2) PIP
3) Menu
4) Minus
5) Plus
6) Power

Have you pressed the input button until it switches to "Composite" (input number four) ?

markdavies1978

Standard Member
MarkDavies,

I hate to ask but just in case...

Bottom right hand corner of the monitor there are 6 buttons, from left to right...

1) Input select
2) PIP
3) Menu
4) Minus
5) Plus
6) Power

Have you pressed the input button until it switches to "Composite" (input number four) ?

Ha ha!

I'm rubbish with AV technology but I'm not that daft..! ;o)

I walked to my local game in Brighton & bought a VGA cable now & WOW what a difference.

Been putting off buying an HD LCD for a while, I think I have just had my arm twisted with the output I'm getting via VGA.

Thanks all.

LBP.Nxe

Just had to check, you never know with some people :rotfl:

Anyway, glad you decided to go the VGA route instead.

For me, I've just upgraded from the 2007WFP to the 2407WFP and I'm using the component input on that instead :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom