Connecting 32WL56 to PS2

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by gaz2785, Mar 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. gaz2785

gaz2785

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I know LCD connections to the PS2 have been discussed elsewhere, but I can't seem to find a direct answer to what I need to know.

I have a 32WL56 which supports component connection via VGA.

I want to connect my PS2 without using a standard (poor quality) scart connection.

If I get a component to VGA converter, will this provide the characteristics of component or VGA (or both)?

Also, what would the difference be between connecting the PS2 via component/VGA and connecting it via S-Video? Would S-Video be better, since this seems more straightforward (all I have to buy is the S-video lead and not a convertor)?

Finally, the S-Video connection is a round socket on the left-hand side of the screen, together with 2 audio sockets. However one of the scart sockets on the right-hand side of the screen is also labelled S-video. What does that mean?

Many thanks in advance. I have been playing the game "Black" tonight which I have heard has some of the best graphics on the PS2, however it looks like poo, hence the reason I want to try and get a better connection.