Connecting 3 units.

ronvick

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Could anybody please advise me how to successfully connect my Philips TV to a Sky HD+ box and a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR EX77EB?
I have all the various cables but have got into a right mess trying to connect the units together so that they all function correctly.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you ou.

1 - HDMI Cable from SKY HD to TV

2 - HDMI Cable from EX77 to TV

3 - Scart cable from HD Box to EX77 AV2

4 - Incoming aerial to aerial IN on EX77
5 - UHF Flylead from EX77 Aerial out to TV aerial IN.

Complete.

Hi Gavtech,
Many thanks for your very quick and helpful response - it certainly seems to have done the trick, and I can now get a picture through the Sky box (HDMI) and through the DVD recorder (ext 1).
I hate to be a pain, but could you possibly advise me as to whether I can also link up a Panasonic VCR (NV-HD675) to the set up, please? It would be useful to transfer a few old vhs cassettes to DVD if possible.
Thank you once again for your kind help & assistance.

Can you explain the above a bit more?

Does your TV have only one HDMI socket... and do you have the EX77 connected via HDMI?
... because looking at your answer above it appears to suggest you may be seeing the EX77 via a TV scart input (Ext 1?) rather than via an HDMI input.

It is important I try to understand this before trying to find ways you can incorporate your VCR

F.Y.I. I only included item 3 above (3 - Scart cable from HD Box to EX77 AV2) because I assumed you may wish to copy from the skybox to the DVDR - if the box will permit it.
Increasingly boxes will block these things so I don't know if that will work in the way intended.

My TV has two HDMI sockets. I had to also connect the TV via scart to the DVD Recorder, as there was no picture appearing onscreen. I followed all your points 1-5 in addition to that.
Although I've yet to try it, I'm hoping to copy DVDs from the Sky box as my previous Panasonic DVD Recorder was able to do this, and that was an older model to the DMR EX77EB.
The previous DVD Recorder became unusable via the remote handset, which contained most of the recorder's functions, hence me buying the replacement EX77EB.
Thanks again for your kind consideration.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom