1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CONNECTING 3 TVs TO ONE AERIAL

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Trickdick, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Trickdick

Trickdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Not sure this is in the correct category so here goes.

I'm trying to connect 3 tvs ( one Panny 32PD50 and two portables) to one roof mounted aerial. As expected, the signal to each has now degraded.

Are aerial boosters any good? If so can someone recommend a good one?

What other options do I have other than paying someone to put another aerial on my roof?

As an alternative, can I put some sort of smaller aerial in my loft?

:lease:

Thank you for your help

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I myself would always recommend a new aerial fitted by a pro, bear in mind analogue will be switched off within 5 yrs depending on your location. So think long term.
    If you try a booster/amplifier it is better placed as close to the aerial as possible.
    Do you have a good receptoion on the first TV?
    If not, it would be usless trying to boost a poor signal for 3 TVs, boosting relys on boosting a clean signal, if you boost interferance also, it is usless.
    Nigel

3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    In addition to the signal problems mentioned above, connecting three TVs together directly via their aerial cables is a bad idea from a safety point of view. If one of them has any sort of insulation fault leading to any nasty voltages appearing at the aerial socket, it could damage the other sets.