Connecting 2nd Tv to Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by littlebert, Jun 6, 2008.

1. littlebert

littlebert
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    Wondering if someone could help me out...
    Getting Sky+ installed on sunday in the living room because the tv signal in my area's awfull. What i really want to do is also run some sort of cable from the sky+ in the living room into a tv in the bedroom. Not really fussed about being able to change the channel in the bedroom so really just want to know what sort of cable i'd need to achieve this.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Cheers in advance,
    littlebert :thumbsup:

2. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    A long RF (standard aerial) cable. And with a Magic Eye you would be able to change channel from the bedroom.

3. littlebert

littlebert
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. Where abouts would i pick a magic eye up from and how do they work?

4. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    You can buy one from Sky. You can buy one of hundreds from various ebay sellers. You can probably buy them from Currys or Comet or places like that.

They work by sitting between the aerial lead and the remote television. You point your second Sky remote at the Magic Eye (rather than the Sky box which will normally be in another room, underneath your main television). The Magic Eye picks up the key presses that you have done on your second remote, and passes those key presses, down the aerial cable, to the Sky box. And the Sky box interprets those key presses as if you had keyed them in on your main Sky remote, and does the channel changing/volume control/switching on and off in the same way that your normal remote would do.