• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting 2 VGA screens to a HD 6870 Graphics Card

goodjob

Standard Member
Im thinking of purchasing a MSI HD 6870 HAWK ATI - AMD Radeon Graphics Card which has the following outputs:

1* Dual Link DVI-I
1*DVI-D
1* HDMI
2*Mini display ports

I understand that I can use a connector to connect a VGA monitor to a DVI-I output - that is something that I curently do today with my existing card. Myexisting card also has a VGA output so I can run 2 screens at the same time.

I want to run 2 screens with the new card but Im unclear as to how I can connect a VGA monitor to any of the other outputs other than the DVI-I output.

SUMMONER

Prominent Member
Easy, sell 1 or both of the VGA monitors and buy a single 24" one with HDMI. You can always add a 2nd monitor later on, when the budget allows it.

There are signal converters that will allow you to connect a VGA monitor to a DVI-D/HDMI port, but you would likely be lucky to find one below £50.

Last edited:

cokker

Established Member
You can buy Mini display port to vga passive adapters, AMD have a list of validated dongles here LINK

Unfortunately most of these dongles are in America, but they do exist. I've found one on ebay for £10 that I'm going to try in the next few days LINK

EDIT: This person had some success LINK

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom