Connecting 2 sky boxes together

duncanjameshill

Standard Member
Hi,
Is it possible to connect 2 sky + HD boxes to each other? I have multi-room but want to be able to record on one and watch it on both.
I have looked around a bit and cant find anything about this but find it hard to believe no one has asked before. Thanks in advance.

No way

Miss Chief

it is possible to connect two Sky boxes to one TV. There are various ways of doing this but two sky boxes together? As dave has said, 'no way'.

Stevenage Neil

As dave has said, 'no way'.
Yes it is, if you are prepared to watch the RF version, (or video sender version - sorry Logi), on the second TV.

Note this does require simultaneous viewing.

Last edited:

hog

Novice Member
yes it s possible , have fitted 2 in an understairs cupboard , used a spc4 combiner and magic eyes for control ,and hdmi splitter s and cable s for viewing , on each set ,rf is also possible via the wf100 runs for the magic eyes ,for tv s with one or no hdmi inputs . re coded sky+ remotes for the 2nd hd box for each room so no confusion with 2 of the same remotes ,or you could program an all4one remote, so not simple but can be done :thumbsup:

The question was about connecting two boxes to each other (presumably to "network them" and allow viewing of recordings from either box on the other) NOT connecting two boxes to the same TV. Miss Chief qualified that in post# 3.

hog

Novice Member
The question was about connecting two boxes to each other (presumably to "network them" and allow viewing of recordings from either box on the other) NOT connecting two boxes to the same TV. Miss Chief qualified that in post# 3.
ok i was presuming that was what they ment , just like your presuming he wanted to network them :eek:

Stevenage Neil

My presumption was that the OP had two HD boxes, each with it's own TV, in separate rooms and just wanted to watch the output of either box in both rooms.

(The question should not have been in this forum anyway)

logiciel

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom