connecting 2 freeview tvs

janey70

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi need a quick bit of advice i want to run two tvs with freeview built in them from one aerial ?i have one of tvs in my room where have a good signal and receive all channels to my knowledge ,i have brought my girl a tv for her room but she doesnt have a aerial socket in her room ?so what is the best way to get it set up to get all channels aswell ?:lease:

with a good signal simply fit a decent uhf splitter. (metal cased fully screened). You will have to run a new coax from the splitter. In a loft is usually the best option.

my aerial is on my roof which leads to a socket in my room and one in living room can get freeview channels on both tvs i cant and wouldnt even attempt to go in loft bedrooms arnt that far apart would a splitter and extension kit say from a local hardware shop work or someone told me a booster 2 way box ?

my aerial is on my roof which leads to a socket in my room and one in living room can get freeview channels on both tvs i cant and wouldnt even attempt to go in loft bedrooms arnt that far apart would a splitter and extension kit say from a local hardware shop work or someone told me a booster 2 way box ?
p

Avoid those kits - the splitters are usually badly made plastic versions which reduce the signal much more than the proper shielded metal ones and the cables are usually thin and cheaply made which can induce signal loss.

Ideal if you haver a good old fashioned electrical retailer who can sell you the right thing. If not, you may find the fittings available at one of the bigger DIY warehouse type stores or places like Maplins.

so what is the best thing to get ? there is a maplins about somewhere never been to it but will go if i no what im looking for ?

do i need another tv cable to go in the back of the second tv sorry just very confused

do i need another tv cable to go in the back of the second tv sorry just very confused

Yes.

Normally you would cut the existing lead somewhere suitable (say in a loft).

Fit f connectors to each end of the cut cables.

See (ignore the grease if the splitter is indoors).

How to fit F Connectors to coaxial cable for Sky and Freesat

The cable from the aerial connects to the splitter in. The other end of the cut cable goes to one of the outputs. A new cable (preferably PF100/WF100 grade) connects to the other splitter out. A standard Belling Lee plug on the other end connects this cable to the other TV.

right what ive done is went to maplins brought a similar spliter to that ,that u showed me then brought a 10m coaxifal flylead hope this is right or another trip to take it back :(

right what ive done is went to maplins brought a similar spliter to that ,that u showed me then brought a 10m coaxifal flylead hope this is right or another trip to take it back :(

should be OK. Have you got the means to connect the 10M lead to the splitter output.

didnt have to wire connecters i brought the cable with them already on as it looked a bit tricky cost a little more but i set it all up earlier rescanned daughters tv and bingo ! all channels like mine so quite simple once i new what parts i needed thanks to you and this site ... so thankyou one happy teenager now :)

so have you run the cable indoors ?
Im assuming that you did, looking at the items you bought. im glad it all works.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom