Question Connect Yamaha MusicCast SUB 100 with wired speakers system

Jannock

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a Yamaha R-N803D network receiver with wired speakers. The receiver is connected with the MusicCast app. I have also installed the Yamaha MusicCast SUB 100 in the network with the MusicCast app.

I tried to connect the "amplifier room" to the "subwoofer room". However, the app says "Cannot be paired."

In that way I can't let the wired speakers and the subwoofer (via WiFi) play at the same time. Apparently the subwoofer can only be paired with other Musiccast speakers and not with a receiver connected with wired speakers.

Is my conclusion correct or is there another way?

I've got the N803D receiver but my speakers and sub are wired (Q Accoustic Concept 40 speakers and and SVS SB-1000 sub). I would have thought you could pair the sub up with the receiver essily. It's your description of 'rooms' that are quite confusing to me. Why are they set up as seperate rooms? Maybe, delete the app from whichever device you have it installed on, and begin the process again with everything connected up?

Setup in seperate rooms is the only way to connect the wireless speaker.

I discovered there is no possibility to connect wired speakers and a wireless subwoofer at the same time; you need also wireless front speakers to connect the wireless subwoofer.
Because of that I decided to buy a wired subwoofer and everything is working fine now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom