1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect XBOX to 5.1 speakers

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by harry66, Sep 9, 2003.

1. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I know there are a number of previous threads on this topic but none seemed to address my problem.

I have a set of 5.1 speakers with built in amp. It has 5.1 phono input and a AC3 mini DIN input.

Am I right in assuming there is no way I can connect my XBOX to these speakers?

I dont have an AV amp or anything like that. The speakers are currently connected to my DVD player which has a built in decoder and the appropriate phono connectors

Would I have to by a AV receiver or something. Sorry to be dumb but I am clueless when it comes to these things.

Thanks in advance

2. ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes!!!! Especially if you want both your DVD and the XBOX connected at the same time...

An AC3 mini DIN connector? AC3 aka dolby digital aka dolby 5.1 is all the same. But I have never heard of a mini DIN connector...

Zero Cool

3. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Mini DIN connector? If it's the same digital connection socket you'd find on a portable mini-disc or cd player for example then you should be able to do it, as you can get a little adapter to put on the end of an optical digital cable that fits it...

4. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    It is a 9 Pin Digital DIN connector as used on the Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 Digital Speaker system and a few others.