Connect webcam through hdmi input?

J

jwriter

I hope someone can advise me on this: I want to run a webcam into an adapter and send the video to the TV through an HDMI port. I have seen adapters on Amazon that claim to convert from USB 2.0 to HDMI. Has anyone used one of these adapters, or have other recommendations?

Any specific reason you want to do this? Small camcorder things exist that can be attatched via hdmi or other av inputs. Some of these can also be used as a web cam.

Good question. In this application the user is not capable of using buttons, controls, adjustments, etc. Just power on and the webcam signal needs to show up on the TV.

Will this adapter hardware work?

Attachments

• diamond_adapter.jpg
    diamond_adapter.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 2,887
No. That adapter uses a special driver on your PC to allow you to output from the PC to a monitor using only a USB port.

Interesting. It didn't occur to me that this device would be for a computer output and that I would have to load a driver to use the adapter.

There's got to be a way to convert the webcam USB signal to HDMI. The Logitech webcam I am using conforms to the USB Video Class, so it seems all I would need is an adapter that reads that format and changes it to an HDMI video signal. If there are no adapters out there, maybe I need an Arduino.

@Philip4242, the webcam I am using has all the features I need, such as autofocus, short operating distance, and high resolution. If there are cameras out there that can do that and have HDMI, that would be a good suggesttion. There are dashboard cameras that have HDMI outputs, but they probably have fixed (far sighted) focus.

I hope someone can advise me on this: I want to run a webcam into an adapter and send the video to the TV through an HDMI port. I have seen adapters on Amazon that claim to convert from USB 2.0 to HDMI. Has anyone used one of these adapters, or have other recommendations?

Do you means as below?

usb webcam -> adpater -> hdmi output -> TV

1. usb microsocpe beocme hdmi output.

2. usb document become hdmi output

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom