1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connect tv to Projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dspangenberg, May 24, 2004.

1. dspangenberg

dspangenberg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a question. i have a toshiba mt100 DLP projector and i would like to watch tv on my beamer. what is the best / easiest way to accomplish this?

my projector has a SVHS input that i use in combination with a component to svhs adapter. can i hook up my vcr to my beamer? the vcr has a scart output.

any help is appreciated!

Yours Sincerely D. Spangenberg

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    I have a scart to svhs adaptor which i bought for use from my video to my pj yet it plays black and white for some reason, so i have used the composite lead as the adaptor also has an output for that. So i go from adaptor to pj via composite lead and the picture is okay, i think to use component you will need a special convertor that do not come cheap.

As a side does anybody know why this plays in black and white as i wouldnt mind getting the svhs lead hooked up for euro04.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Normal VCRs (non s-video/svhs models) only output composite video, hence a black & white picture (chrominance element is missing).

The quickest & easiest way is from scart to composite (single yellow phono/RCA connector).

4. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    Thanks Kramer, looks like i will be sticking to composite for the Euor 04 then as friewview doesnt cover my area either :rolleyes:

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    or buy a cheap S-VHS VCR. I think you can pick them up quite reasonable now.

6. dspangenberg

dspangenberg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Inzaman,

I got myself also a scart to svhs / rca adapter. and i have the same problem as you have. black and white if i use the svhs port. so i also use the composite port.
    it works like a charm. although the quality is not superb like when using component, it is a quick and cheap way to get things done :)

7. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I tried to use a scart S/video adaptor last night to watch the football on RTE,
    via the scart /Svideo output on my Toshiba PF2 and it was in black &white anyone know any reason for this ?......Thanks in advance ...Jim

8. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    Jim see Kramers response above to my initial query, which explains the reason. You will have to use composite to get a colour picture.

9. manksman

manksman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the js rgb > svideo converter yesterday,tried it last night and the picture on most of the sky channels is really good.I think I am right in saying that some channels are poor quality anyway.Tried composite before this and it sucks in comparison. :)