Question Connect the Sub pre-out lines from new receiver to old receiver Audio in?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Dbrvo, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Dbrvo

Dbrvo
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all i want to say hello to everyone in this forum. i try to find a thread to introduce myself but i couldnt find any.

I registred in the forum looking for some help because i made a mistake buying a new av receiver

Im going to replace my old receiver that use pasive subwoofers and i bought a new one that use active subs, so, im thinking if i can connect the sub pre-outs from the new one to the "audio in" of the old one to power both subwoofers.

The mistake i made was that the new one comes without any Line out (pre-amp, zone 2, etc). and after buying a new tv and new receiver i cant buy an active subwoofer.

This is possible?

Thank you.

Old AV.PNG New AV.PNG

2. Mark.Yudkin

Mark.Yudkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,551
    The audio in of the old device is subject to the volume control. I suggest you try it to see if you can get it to balance out until you have the cash for a new subwoofer.

3. Dbrvo

Dbrvo
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, i guess i can use it that way for a while, i cant test it right now to know if it works, i still waiting for the new one. (i cant return it)
    Thanks.