Connect the Microsoft Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable

sheppyo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Connect the Microsoft Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable

Hi,

I am having trouble getting any sound or picture when I connect my Xbox to my AV Receiver. I have attched a picture of the back of my reciver, does any one know what ports I neede use?

Kind Regards,

Adam

Attachments

• sony.jpg
    sony.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,811
How is the amp connected to the TV? Also what model of Sony amp is it?

Hi,

Do I have to use an optical cable, can I use the red and white audio cables that come with the cable.

Thanks,

Component video goes in the far left inputs, and your optical in goes in the digital inputs, just below the HDMI ports on the top.

The amp is connect via a HDMI Cable

Thanks

Ok. Does your Amp (you didn't mention the model) have the ability to convert the video signal from component to hdmi?

You can use the phono jacks (red/white) but you will only get Stereo sound. You need an optical for 5.1.

Ok. Does your Amp (you didn't mention the model) have the ability to convert the video signal from component to hdmi?

I'm not sure but it's a new model 'Sony STR-DN1000' so I hope so. I finish work at 6 so I'll check the manual.

You can use the phono jacks (red/white) but you will only get Stereo sound. You need an optical for 5.1.

I see, at the moment we only use the font speakers so the phono jacks would be more than enough.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Looks like it does.
As the initial setting, video signals input from the connected component are output to the HDMI
OUT or MONITOR OUT jacks as shown in the table below.
We recommend you set the video conversion function to match the resolution of the monitor you
are using.
For details on the video converting function, see “Settings for the video (Video Settings menu)”
(page 72).

Online link here if you want it. http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4136735411.pdf

Time to check the video settings menu.

Hi,

Do I have to use an optical cable, can I use the red and white audio cables that come with the cable.

Thanks,
That depends. If you can assign one of the red & white RCA inputs (like TV or BD) to work on the same channel as a component input on the amp, then yes you can. Otherwise, you will need to use an optical.

I also think you might need to assign you inputs. That may help with picture. If you want digital surround then yes you would need optical cable from 360 to amp.

So, put you component leads into one of the component inputs on your amp.
Connect optical lead from 360 to amp.
Assign your video and audio inputs.
Then with you amp connected to your TV via HDMI you should be ok.

Also remember to go into the video settings on 360 dash and change that to HD 1080p and go to audio settings and change that to Dolby Digital.

If you are conneting the audio from 360 to amp using the phono leads (red/white) then you can connect those to one of the red/white inputs on your amp and again, assign it then you can change the sound mode on your amp to pro logic II and you will get simulated surround sound.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Saf

PS: Also, on the small grey box of your component lead there should be a switch, this needs to be flicked to HDTV so that you get a HD signal.

Last edited:
That depends. If you can assign one of the red & white RCA inputs (like TV or BD) to work on the same channel as a component input on the amp, then yes you can. Otherwise, you will need to use an optical.

Thanks for your help mate :smashin:

Last edited:
I also think you might need to assign you inputs. That may help with picture. If you want digital surround then yes you would need optical cable from 360 to amp.

So, put you component leads into one of the component inputs on your amp.
Connect optical lead from 360 to amp.
Assign your video and audio inputs.
Then with you amp connected to your TV via HDMI you should be ok.

Also remember to go into the video settings on 360 dash and change that to HD 1080p and go to audio settings and change that to Dolby Digital.

If you are conneting the audio from 360 to amp using the phono leads (red/white) then you can connect those to one of the red/white inputs on your amp and again, assign it then you can change the sound mode on your amp to pro logic II and you will get simulated surround sound.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Saf

PS: Also, on the small grey box of your component lead there should be a switch, this needs to be flicked to HDTV so that you get a HD signal.

Thank you so much, the picture quality is awesome. how I lived using the old inputs for so long, I don't know.

Thanks again to every one!!!!

:arty:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom