Connect TEAC H500 to Sony A80J

Harry909

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've purchased a Sony A80J a few weeks ago and really enjoying the picture quality, best TV i've owned! However, I would like to connect my HI-FI system to the TV which i've had for years and would just like to have my music system next to my TV. Its a TEAC H500 system with the radio, cassette cd & amp. Along with a set of monitor gold floor speakers.

Question is, how would I be able to play my tv audio through my TEAC amp to my speakers? I am aware of AVR's with HDMI ARC which would be much easier to set up but my amp does not have a HDMI connection and would really like to keep my TEAC. I have done some research on DAC's but seems to be somewhat confusing to me. Would appreciate some guidance.

TIA.

You could use this method below using the out cost effective Fisual DAC-2000, Fisual Pro-Install Digital Optical and Fisual Axis Stereo Cable You have to ensure the TV is set to output Stereo PCM and not surround sound as the Teac and Fisual DAC-2000 will not be able to decode surround sound

Simple DAC Connection to Amplifier.jpg

I dont mind paying abit more for a DAC. Would still want the sound quality to be good. I was looking into the below, would go well with my TEAC system, but would it work the same? Say if i connect an optical cable to it from the tv?

Last edited:
That will be fine however there are many other options now compared to the Teac you have found. I myself use a Teac UD-501, but not for TV as it’s waisted on the footed coming through the airwaves in my humble opinion for stereo. IFI Audio is really where you need to be looking at for the TV as they have everything you need regarding the quality when streaming TV as there quality outperforms it meaning your never paying for more than the product you are using can deliver

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom