connect sony LCD 1020p TV,Yamaha RX-V550 AV Receiver and Sony BDP-s370 Blueray player

sundaram

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have 1. a Sony KDL-46EX700 1080p LCD with HDMI input and component input 2.a Yamaha RX-V550 AV Receiver having Component video in and out,S-video in and out but no HDMI and 3.a sony Blueray with component video out,HDMI out and Optical out.Anybody help how to connect these 3 instruments to get a true digital Home theatre audio video experience.

Connect you blue ray player direct to the TV via HDMI - for hi def video i.e. 1080p (component will, at best, give you you 1080i).

For audio:

Connect both the TV and player to the Yamaha amplifier. Here you're going to have choices: the better connection for the player is via a digital link (say optical); the TV could also be connected via a digital link (if the amplifier has at least two inputs) or via analogue outputs - usually red and white.

Note: for high resolution audio off the blue ray player you'll need to change your amplifier.

Basically I would recommend the same as the above

1. Plug Bluray to TV by HDMI
2. Use Toslink from Bluray to Receiver (1m lengths available from poundland)
3. Go to the bluray menu and prioritise the audio to digital

I have sony bdp-s360 and this is the setup I use

i have a sony strd 1000 amp ps 3 slim connected via optical link but in this type of connection i am unable to process dolby trueHD or dts HD master is there is any difference in sound quality between hd sound and normal dolby digital 5.1/dts 5.1??or is the compression rate of hd sound format less compressed.

iis there is any difference in sound quality between hd sound and normal Dolby digital 5.1/dts 5.1??or is the compression rate of hd sound format less compressed.

Dolby digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 both use lossy compression i.e they discard most audio data in order to pack the six channels into a lower bandwidth.

HD sound does not use lossy compression - it is full bandwidth audio.

On my system HD audio sounds considerably better than DD or DTS.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom