Connect Sony DAV-S550 and H/K DVD 25?

P

pullman

Hi,

My AV room is small and I therefore do not need a big home cinema system. I already have a Harman Kardon DVD 25 and have noted that Sony has a system called DAV-S550, which has received good reviews. It seems that this system would be adequate for my room.

Does anyone know if I can connect my DVD 25 with the Sony system using optical direct connection and thereby bypass the DVD player integrated in that system?

Thanks
pullman

If you mean for audio purposes yes. As long as you have optical out on your current player and then you connect it to optical on on the s550 just set the function as Video 2 on the s550.

However if you have a DVD player you wish to use then why not just buy a surround kit and connect it via optical out?

You can also route the picture from your current player through the s550 but i woudln't reccomend doing this (quality loss reasons)

Thanks. My problem is that, while I would really like to buy good kit at the moment, my room is so small that I fear it would just sound bad to have the kit I want. I was therefore thinking that I could hook up my DVD player to one of these cheaper all-in-one systems and that that would be good enough for now. Plus Im on a budget of 700-800 euro at the moment.

If there are separate parts (amplifier, not necessarily with receiver, and 5.1 or 6.1 speakers) intended för really small AV rooms (mine is 3x4 or 12 sqm), and which fit my budget, I would be really grateful for any hints and pointers.

Thanks for your help
pullman

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom