• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connect Sony BDV-E6100 TO Arris VIP1113 box

gab1982

Standard Member
Hi I have a Arris VIP1113 tv box which I got with my providers fiber optic package and it connected to my router (and my tv via hdmi) and worked great however I recently purchased a Sony BDV-E6100 (connected to my tv via another hdmi), the manual for the sony home cinema system can be found here: Support for BDV-E6100 | Sony and I cannot get the Sony home cinema to see the box (despite them both connected to the same router).

The Arris box seems to have wifi according to their manual: http://www.arrisi.com/globalassets/resources/data-sheets/arris-vip1113w2-data-sheet.pdf and so does my Sony Home Cinema system, I currently have the Arris box connected to my router via ethernet, when I change the input source from the hdmi on the sony home cinema system to the Arris box the sound comes through my tv however my objective is for the sound of the tv box to come through my sony home cinema system, how can I do this? As the sony home cinema system only has the one HDMI do I need to buy a HDMI extension box or something? I would like to add other things connected to the router can be seen by the sony home cinema system such as my western digital NAS drive.

Gorbush

Novice Member
Only ARRIS VIP1113W has WiFi support. Other versions like VIP1113(L/M) hasn't.
You can differentiate it easily from other VIP1113 submodels because it has 12V/1A power supply and is a little bigger (136mm vs 130mm).

Last edited:

gab1982

Standard Member
Hi Gorbush,
thanks for your reply, as it doesn't have the wifi built in, if i get the usb wifi dongle will my sony player see it?

Gorbush

Novice Member
I didn't see such solution with this STB :(.
It might depend on internal firmware which can be uploaded by your service provider. Ask them.

As for your Home Cinema audio system it haven't got HDMI in but has optical SPDIF input then you should use HDMI in/out audio extractor with optical SPDIF out like this one.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom