1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connect sky plus to pan dmr es10

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alpappy, Jun 5, 2005.

1. alpappy

alpappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI

I wonder if anyone could help me. I am trying to get a picture from the pace box into the panasonic in order to copy files from the digibox I have connected as per the handbook from dvd out on the pace into the av2 ext on the panasonic . Checked the setup screen rgb in , ext link set to link 1( tried 2) but still nothing any ideas

thanks
    alan

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    Alan,
    Connect the Sky "TV Out" scart (set to output RGB in the "Picture" menu)to your Panasonic DVDR AV2 input.........in the Panasonic DVDR setup menu set this AV2 to RGB, The DVDR AV1 scart (Also set to output RGB in the setup menu) goes to your TV AV1.
    With Sky switched on, your TV switched to it's AV1 scart input and the DVDR input set to AV2 (or EXT2) you should see/be able to record Sky.
    Good luck, :smashin:

3. alpappy

alpappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks that has sorted it...
    alan

4. milkmanchris

milkmanchris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Thanks for this, i asked the same question a little while ago.

So the DVDR and Sky+ will 'share' the AV1 input on the plasma (ie no direct connection from sky to screen), and will this affect PQ, and does the DVDR have to be switched on to watch Sky normally?

Cheers

5. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    I can't remember if the DMRES10 has RGB passthrough (I'm sure someone can jump in and tell us) why not try it?....connect it the way I suggested and then switch Sky off. :smashin: