• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connect SKY+HD and freeview to another tv

paddlehush

Standard Member
Hi,
I recently had sky+hd installed in my living room to a tv with freeview. I would like to have sky and freeview up to a television i have in my loft. I have my terrestrial aeriel connected to "aerial in" on the sky box, a lead from RF OUT 1 to "aerial in" on the tv and a 3rd cable from RF OUT 2 up to the loft connected to the "aerial in" on that tv.
The freeview picture seems fine but sky is there but not watchable.
Could anyone tell a novice like me if this is correct or if this is possible at all.

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Given your description, not sure how you're getting Freeview upstairs. Unless of course it's a digital TV anyway.

In terms of getting Sky up there, all the connections are correct, but it sounds like you haven't tuned Sky in on the remote TV. Presumably it has an analogue tuner as well as a digital one. If it does, all you need to do is tune channel 6 on your remote TV's analogue tuner to whichever frequency your Sky box is outputting its analogue signal only - 68 by default, I think.

paddlehush

Standard Member
Hi Broadz,
Thanks for your reply, I have a Toshiba 40zf355d downstairs and a LG 42PQ6000 in the loft. When i installed the tv upstairs the digital terrestrial aerial was connected to the downstairs tv input, so i just ran a lead from the rf out 2 terminal up to the loft tv, sky worked fine but no freeview, then i moved the terrestrial aerial from the downstairs tv to the "aerial in" on the sky box, i was then able to tune freeview in on the loft tv but no sky. I then set the leads as i explained in my question. Sky is on channel 68 in the loft but it isn't watchable

logiciel

To be clear - you need to have an analogue channel on the upstairs TV tuned in to the Sky frequency.

As I reckon this is more Sky HD than Freeview I'm moving it to the right forum.

logiciel

OK - you have analogue channels 1 through 5 on BBC1 through Five, and 6 for Sky as Broadz suggested?
I'd try changing the Sky receiver's channel from 68 - I think you can start at 20 and go up -and tuning again.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom