Connect scart dvd to hdmi

Smoothy55

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Just brought a new Samsung TV and want to connect my Sony dvd player to it. I know dvds are old hat but still want to play some of them. The dvd player has scarts ports and no no hdmi connectors. How can I connect to the tv which has only got hdmi ports.
Also, I need to connect my Wii as well. Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks

If your TV doesn't have any legacy connections any more (check the manual) you have to buy a converter. There are HDMI converters that you can plug directly into the Wii, but for the DVD player you own you will need to buy a SCART>HDMI converter box.

Since the converter box has to be powered, you are probably best instead just changing to a modern UHD Blu-Ray player instead and using that to play your DVDs.

Hi.
Just brought a new Samsung TV and want to connect my Sony dvd player to it. I know dvds are old hat but still want to play some of them. The dvd player has scarts ports and no no hdmi connectors. How can I connect to the tv which has only got hdmi ports

What’s the Samsung TV model no?
They usually have Component/Composite inputs via RCA Phono or a multiway 3.5mm input.

PQ will be rather poor though, no?

Quite, cr*p in cr*p out...

Hi. Thanks for everyone's help. Think I will buy a new blu Ray player as it sounds a bit easier and not as much as I thought.thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom