Connect RCA cable to soldered faceplate

Treadway1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’m converting my garage to an office and have decided to run a 5.1 speaker cable setup, just in case we ever want to use it as a cinema room. As part of that, I’ve run a single RCA cable behind the stud walls from where the amp will be to where the sub will be located.

I’ve bought soldered faceplates for all the cables including the main one that’ll sit behind the receiver.
My question is: if I cut the jack plug off the end of the RCA cable, how many cables will I find inside and which ones do I solder to the back of the faceplates sub connector?

I’ve tried Googling it but strangely can’t find anything specific to my situation and don’t want to go cutting the end off to find there’s another way to do it.

TIA

Hey guys,

I’m converting my garage to an office and have decided to run a 5.1 speaker cable setup, just in case we ever want to use it as a cinema room. As part of that, I’ve run a single RCA cable behind the stud walls from where the amp will be to where the sub will be located.

I’ve bought soldered faceplates for all the cables including the main one that’ll sit behind the receiver.
My question is: if I cut the jack plug off the end of the RCA cable, how many cables will I find inside and which ones do I solder to the back of the faceplates sub connector?

I’ve tried Googling it but strangely can’t find anything specific to my situation and don’t want to go cutting the end off to find there’s another way to do it.

TIA

It's a standard 75 ohm coax cable with a screen and a centre core. You could make your own with say WF 65 satellite cable. fit a pair of screw on F type plugs and connect F to belling lee converters.

Any quality audio cable long enough to reach with normal RCA connectors will do.

It only has to transmit audio range frequencies.

Awesome, thanks.

So silly question but then I guess I solder the centre core in to the middle of the connector and the screen to the lug?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom