connect new monitor?

colinqpr

Standard Member
just bought -Sharp LC24LE210E 24 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview LED TV argos,whats the best way to connect to pc as i want tv sound & av amp sound cant do this with HDMI ,so dvi to vga or vga to vga using audio out from sound card split 1to amp 1to tv,any cable recommendations welcome,cheers colin

spyder viewer

Do you mean your graphics card doesn't do sound over hdmi?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I think he means he doesn't want both sound and video going to the TV.

HDMI should allow that. I have my monitor connected via HDMI to my Radeon 4850 and I have two sound devices to choose from in windows, one for the HDMI cable and another for my sound card going to my headphones (which is set to the default device and gets most of the use).

TVs can have problems with VGA input so I would say HDMI is your best option until you've conclusively found out that it won't work on your setup.

What outputs does your computer have?

colinqpr

Standard Member
MSI Radeon HD 5450 Low Profile 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Passive Graphics Card - DVI HDMI VGA,THINKING OF UPGRADING CARD TO EITHER RADEON 5770 or 6770 ,thanks for the help

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Ps best way to connect and have tv sound working and sound card to av amp working,the only way i have managed is vga to tv + 3.5mm jack to tv from sound card & sound card to av via 3,5 jack to phono adapter,these throgh a3.5 male to 2 3.5 female splitter,thanks again-would like to use HDMI, tv has 3 hdmi 1vga but no dvi

And what are the outputs on the soundcard and inputs on the amp?

Ideally the amp would have HDMI passthrough so you could connect the video card to the amp and then the amp to the TV. Second best is probably HDMI to HDMI on the TV and S/PDIF to the amp.

Last edited:

colinqpr

Standard Member
card is soundblaster sb0460 ,amp has no hdmi as i just use 80s 90s stereo amps mainly for music and a few movies.B&W aura va-80

sv722

Standard Member
just bought -Sharp LC24LE210E 24 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview LED TV argos,whats the best way to connect to pc as i want tv sound & av amp sound cant do this with HDMI ,so dvi to vga or vga to vga using audio out from sound card split 1to amp 1to tv,any cable recommendations welcome,cheers colin
How long have you had the TV for and are there any problems? I'm thinking of getting one for my new xbox slim.
Do you have photos of it?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom