Connect many consoles/Virgin/DVD to TV help

Kingbroady

Standard Member
Hi.

Simple for you lot, I'm sure.

How do I connect all of my devices through my TV, please?

Tried a cheap multi-scart adaptor but had interference.

Seen better types with switches but what do I do with the audio leads (white, red yellow ones, I think).

Thank you in advance.

StevieBuck

Prominent Member
You haven't really given enough information for us to provide a detailed answer.

What is the model number of your TV?

What connections does it have and how many?

How many consoles do you have?

Do they all have composite video outputs?

Do any of them have composite to scart adaptors?

What is the model number of the DVD player?

StevieBuck

Prominent Member
If it’s a relatively new LCD TV it will have a range of video connections such as:

HDMI
Component
VGA
SCART
S-Video
Composite

There may be a combination of inputs you can use to connect all your current equipment direct to the TV without the need for external switches/adaptors. Without knowing further details on the TV and the rest of your equipment, I can’t say.

Therefore, to expand on my original set of questions:

What is the model number of your TV? This should be printed on the TV case somewhere. Typically on the back with a serial number, power rating, etc.

What connections does it have and how many? If you post the TV model number as above, I can probably get this information online.

How many consoles do you have? Do you want us to guess this? Xbox 360? PS3? Mega Drive? N64? Surely you must know this information!?

Do they all have composite video outputs? If you list the consoles, I can determine this myself.

Do any of them have composite to scart adaptors? As above.

What is the model number of the DVD player? As with the TV, the model number should be printed on the DVD player enclosure somewhere. Some players have the model number printed on the front panel.

MechEng

Standard Member
Hi
I have the same question, and here is some info about my devices:

What is the model number of your TV?
LG 42CS460

What connections does it have and how many?
which has 1 scarts and AV and composite (2 red 1 blue 1 green 1 white) and 2 HDMI

How many consoles do you have?
Wii (it has a AV and scart connection), Mcio 1028 DVD player (it has a AV and scart connection), Humax Duovisio PVR-9200T freeviewr (it has a AV and scart connection)

Could you please advice of the best way to connect them all to the TV and weather the multi scart adabtor could do the trick?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom