Connect LG C1 to stereo amp Sony STR-DH190?

dibou

Novice Member
Hi all,

I just got a LG C1 TV and I have a pair of beautiful Triangle BR03 speakers hooked to a Sony STR-DH190 amp. I'm trying to figure out how to connect the TV to my audio system so that the TV sound comes out of the speakers.

I figure I need to connect a cable from one of the TV output ports to the RCA input of the amp. My question is, should I just use the "headphone" port of the TV and use a cable like this, or would I get better sound quality if I used the digital audio output of the TV and an adapter like that?

Attachments

• 6187501_bd.jpg
    6187501_bd.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DZ-12.jpg
    DZ-12.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 26

Gioamore

Novice Member
Hi all,

I just got a LG C1 TV and I have a pair of beautiful Triangle BR03 speakers hooked to a Sony STR-DH190 amp. I'm trying to figure out how to connect the TV to my audio system so that the TV sound comes out of the speakers.

I figure I need to connect a cable from one of the TV output ports to the RCA input of the amp. My question is, should I just use the "headphone" port of the TV and use a cable like this, or would I get better sound quality if I used the digital audio output of the TV and an adapter like that?
You would I get better sound quality if used the digital audio output

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Doubt you'll notice any difference between the headphone out and the D/A converter RCA out.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom