1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect HD5/HD5H/ipod/mp3 player to car stereo?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Free-fingers, Jul 29, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Free-fingers

Free-fingers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a 30GB HD5 player and want to connect it to my car stereo without it costing a fortune. As a temporary measure I have bought a Sony CP-A9 Car adapter kit but this is very much a compromise.

I have come across the following instructions, but this appears to be too messy:

http://wiki.ehow.com/Add-and-Auxillary-Jack-for-an-MP3-Player-to-a-VW-Beta-Car-Radio

I am really looking for something that plugs into the CD autochanger slot that will offer my player an input facility. Something like this:

http://www.connects2.com/pdfFiles/english PDF/C_2_AUX001_1.pdf

However, this appears to be very expensive (£60 for a cable and small box)!

Basically, I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me why it is necessary for me to buy one of these boxes or if it is possible to just buy a cable, like:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro..._id=77&cadid=e14fecca6e60a8ecb65300f10f608f37

Although this product says it is only for 2004+ models!

Thanks.

Car Stereo: VW Polo 2001 factory fitted 'Beta' model (I think it is made by Blaupunkt) - please correct me if you know otherwise1! :)

2. marooned

marooned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best bet would be if your car deck has a line in. Without one I'm not too sure.

3. danwalton

danwalton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
  4. Free-fingers

Free-fingers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that - I was hoping for something like that cable, but unfortunately it says 'These leads are not suitable for use with VW Beta / Gamma / Chorus factory-fitted radios. They will plug in, but not be recognised by the radio.'! :-(

Much appreciated anyway.

5. DaveA

DaveA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will need to buy the connects2 interface, or maybe fork out for a nice new headunit with ipod interface.

Also try the Dension Icelink - this goes between the multichanger if you have one, and allows access to some of the pods functions.

6. Free-fingers

Free-fingers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a lack of other replies I was starting to think that anyway!

Thanks for your reply.