1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect DVD/video combi to receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Boateng, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Boateng

Standard Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I am a bit of a home cinema novice needing help connecting my equipment.

I have a Pioneer VSXC402S reciever connected to a Sony Wega TV, a Nokia Freeview box and a Sony DVD/video combi.

The reciever has 2 input scarts (DVD, STB), 2 input/output scarts (TV, Video), a coax audio in and an optical audio in.

I currently have the Nokia connected to the STB scart and the coax audio connected between these 2. The TV is connected to the TV scart and the DVD/video is connected to the video scart.

This all works fine but I realise that I have no digital audio from the DVD player. The combi needs to be connected to the video scart to receive an output for video recording (rather than the DVD scart). I cannot assign a digital audio input to the video channel on the receiver.

The DVD/video combi does have an S-video output and an optical audio output on the DVD-only side. Can I connect these to the DVD channel on the receiver through the DVD scart? Or is there another more effective way of connecting these together?

All advice gratefully received.