1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect Aego2 to Aego5?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by stevieo, Jun 28, 2003.

1. stevieo

stevieo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I have an AegoP5 system connected to my tv, dvd, vcr, cable tv in the living room and want to put a couple of speakers in the kitchen so I can listen to music (through the dvd) and radio (through cable tv) in there - if we have a party then we get the same sounds all through. The Aego sounds great so I wanted to use an Aego2 system in there.

Does anyone know if I can connect an Aego2 to the processor on the Aego5? Can I use the line outputs on the processor directly into the line inputs on the back of the Aego2 subwoofer? And if so, which should I connect, as the processor has a subwoofer output but the Aego2 has only left, right and centre inputs.

Or am I talking utter rubbish and should just shut up and buy a separate system for the kitchen?

Thanks very much to anyone who has any advice.

Cheers,

Steve

2. Art Vanderlay

Art Vanderlay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think you would have to connect the front left and front right output connections on the processor to the inputs on the Aego2. This would require a y-splitting cable for each input so that you can connect both your Aego5 and Aego2 inputs.