1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conker:Live and Reloaded

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Pooon, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    So then MunkeyBoy, is it any good? is it worth £25 of my (not very)hard earned cash? Whats it like online? Will i be able to whoop you at this as well :devil: Your thoughts please

2. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    The review is saw on Channel 4 teletext gave it 4/10 single player, 8/10 online!

What the hell has happended to Rare these days, surely there can't be any of the original crew left can there?

3. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    I have no idea why that review was so harsh, did they say why? Every other review I've read so far (IGN, Gamespot, OXBM and a couple more) has said the single player is excellent (8-9/10). Its got a sense of humour you'll love or hate, if you've got an infantile streak (like me!) then you'll love it, and some moments are genuinely laugh-out-loud funny (the scouse guards had me in stiches, but then scousers always do!). Some moments the humour is a bit stretched/forced, but some are really funny.

I never played the N64 version, so can't make a comparison, but from what I've read, it's an almost identical game with spruced up graphics. The graphics are truly some of the best on the Xbox, colourful, high-res textures and excellent water effects, etc. I'm really enjoying it anyway.

Multi-player, I've only had one quick go, but it is complex. You'll see that as a plus or a minus depending on your taste, but I love a bit of depth, and am looking forward to learning it's intricacies. Most levels are objective based, but you can play deathmatch if you want.

The class system is a bit similar to Wolfenstein, but there are vehicles and sky transports/fighters too. Anyone is more than welcome to invite me to an online sesh!

So to sum up: yes, well worth my cash so far!

4. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what the single player got 4-10! HOW i played the original n64 game and it was superb the xbox one seems a pretty much direct port with new graphics, it cant be that bad, either way im getting a coipy asap, i love conker.

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    think i'll give it a look. got next week off so it'll give me something to do once i've finished Forza :D

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    Loved the N64 version, it was a right laugh so I would probably like this. May give it a bash, although i'm currently enjoying the world of Lego Star Wars - quality game!

7. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    This is a game you look at and think it will be crap but deep down I have a feeling it will be great fun on live.

I have just ordered Battle Front 2 for the PC to try and ween myself off Halo 2, so I probably wont have the time. Would be interested to know what people think about it though.