1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confusion over Tosh 32ZD26P scan / picture settings

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nickb23, May 19, 2003.

1. nickb23

nickb23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi Guys,

I am really confused over the different scan settings that you have on a Tosh 32ZD26P. On different forums I seem to be getting conflicting information, particaully about the different modes. Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this? My questions are as follows:

Natural / Active - Are both these @ 100hz or are they 50hz?
    100hz - If above is true, what does this do. If they aren't, I think can work it out.
    Progressive - The TV interprets non prog input and fakes it into looking like progressive. Is this correct

With the Picture modes, some people are saying that especially for games they use a modified pictue mode 3. If you modify one, this then makes it Picture mode M. Is there anyway you can modify each picture setting seperatley, possibly in a service menu, as I seem to manually change the picture settings for every single device i have, and out of the 3 settings, i find them all totally useless.

Hopefully this makes sense - but any help would be much appreciated

2. bibooo

bibooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Natural and Active are 100Hz modes; Natural (as the name suggests) gives a less processed and more natural picture (allegedly), Active is supposedly better with sports and other such media.

Progressive mode (50Hz) gives a pseudo progressive scan image from a non-PS source; It tends to eliminate line structure and IMO gives a more natural picture than any of the 100Hz options.

Calibrate the picture from Mode 3 with a suitable calibration DVD (Avia, Video Essentials, THX Optimode) and the results should be acceptable for all sources.

Personally I only ever use Progress Mode, unless I am using my DVD/PS2/Gamecube in progressive scan, in which case the TV defaults to "true" PS.

Once I had calibrated from Picture Mode 3, I never found the need to adjust the settings for any other sources. It has always produced a natural pin-sharp image with all media.

Take a look here for more information on set-up and problems associated with this TV.