Confusion over controllers in box

Calzor Suzay

I'm getting conflicting stories on how many controllers you actually get in the basic box bar any funky deals by retailers.

So how many is it?

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Yeah, one controller is pretty much the norm. It's a shame extra controllers are so pricey though.

D

dmckillop

If you want to see what's in the box with your own eyes take a look at these pics - http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/wii_whats_in_the_box.asp

I was a bit annoyed when I first realised that you couldn't play two player Wii boxing with what was in the box. Nintendo must have planned it this way, as one of the first thing people buy for their Wii is an extra set of controllers. This explains why Wii Play is out of stock almost everywhere. This game has been a top seller since day one because of the free remote control included with the game.

Steven

Senior Moderator
@ above. Every console has always only come with one set of controllers. The Wii is no exception

You may take the cynical view, but they're all at it. Such is life

Moogle

Distinguished Member
@ above. Every console has always only come with one set of controllers. The Wii is no exception

You may take the cynical view, but they're all at it. Such is life

Not strictly true. Some consoles in the past like the NES, SNES and even PS2 have come with two controllers but these are in most cases special packs or editions.

However it is much more common to only have one controller in the box which is the norm. Anyone who want's or excpects more then one is expecting too much since one controller is the norm generally speaking.

The main reason why only one controller is included is because the profit margin on the console is next to nothing and most profit is made on the accessories and software. Nintendo probably can't be excused for this as the controllers cost next to nothing to make and they do make a healthy profit on each Wii sold.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Wii Play £27. Cheapest outside of flebay

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom