1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing Panny model numbers for the EH60D?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wolfie1, Oct 23, 2005.

1. wolfie1

wolfie1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Just had a look at the DMREH60 on the Panasonic web site and looked at the Download Manual section for this machine.

Confusingly, the section is showing an entry for the DMREH60 (minus the "D" which is shown in the main DVD Recorder section of the web site) dated in August, but is also giving the option to view a manual for the model numbered DMREH60DEB which is dated October.

Is the "DEB" machine the same UK machine, or a different one for Europe perhaps? Having trawled the forum for a while now for discussion about this machine I have not yet seen it referred to as the DMREH60DEB!

Any clues as to what Panasonic is playing at? Any lucky owners out there who have still got their original box? What model number does it say on it?

Cheers

Paul

2. illustrator

illustrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    D means it has a digital tuner, EB relates to the UK model

3. HelenS

HelenS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's right, mine's a DEB too. It's a common practice amongst all manufacturers to have an obscure string of suffix letters to denote variations. We usually just shorten it to D on the forum - Panasonic always put country codes on their packaging. There is a similar but different situation with the competing Sony recorders, which are RDR-HXD710 and 910 if they're UK ones (with Freeview tuners) and RDR-HX710 and 910 if European (analogue tuners instead). They probably have suffixes as well, but I'm not so familiar with them. With the Panasonic UK model, the tuner does both Freeview AND analogue, which is handy. On the other hand, European versions offer Guideplus on analogue which ours doesn't... They also have some weird model numbers - recorders with a different combination of HDD size and features to ours, such as DMR-EH54D (with a German-spec digital tuner, so a DMR-EH54DEG-S in full), DMR-EH52EG-S and so on... Take a look at www.panasonic.de to see - and their EH60 is not an EH60D - no digital on that one. I see that they have all-black options too, so they get the extra dashed suffix to denote colour - EG-K for black and EG-S for silver (I guess the B our EB must stand for "Britain").

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Just thought I throw this into the mix, although not Panasonic related.
    JVC's UK site has no mention of certain units, but JVC Germany does - the MH300SE/BE (silver/black) with HDMI and upscaling is slated for November release.
    Think I'll start a new thread on this one - just done a bit of googling.

5. wolfie1

wolfie1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got this on an e-mail from Panasonic themselves re the DMR-EH60D and DMR-EH60DEB!

"They are the same model. The suffix D indicates that the DVD recorder has a
    digital tuner. The suffix EB indicates it is manufactured for this country."

6. carrera

carrera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anyone know if the DMREH60D is available in black in this country ?

7. HelenS

HelenS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes (I know) - no, it isn't! Seems to be a German market speciality (there are black JVCs there too).

8. carrera

carrera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks HelenS :smashin: , I'll stop looking then

9. flapjack

flapjack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    iknow a little about these german models, cheap in stock but they will not work in uk or ireland even on cable because they have a different version of PAL called PAL bgh as opposed to PAL i which means the sound does not work.
    I bought one in germany not knowing about diferent types of PAL.
    A pan european guarantee from Panasonic meant nothing.
    a expensive mistake