1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by silent lucidity, Mar 2, 2003.

1. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First,equipment and hookup details.Running a Tosh SD220e via scart,to scart socket 2 on a Philips 32pw9527.Setup for S-Video as I can't use RGB due to the "black bars phenomenon"(which,as we all know,is in our heads as Philips says the set's fine!).Anyway,the question is this;when I watch a R1 disc the t.v changes the digital options to p+ and prog scan.But I was under the impression the SD220e didn't output a prog scan?The t.v quite happily runs in this option and I have to say it looks pretty good but,what am I actually watching?
    None of this is actually what I call a problem,just need someone to educate my thick head!:blush:

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It's an internal progressive scan mode using the TVs own deinterlacer.

3. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see,how does that compare to prog scan from a DVD player?By the way RCT I have actually now found a use for p+!You may remember some of my posts being very unfavourable about it,but I now have a grundig DVB tuner.Still no good for rapid camera pans,but if viewing say,the music or Sky news channel it does improve the picture.Can't say I'm a converted fan,such as yourself,but you deserve to know I have found some kind of use for it!;)

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Obviously not as good, but an improvement nonetheless.

Glad you found a "use" for the main feature of your telly! :laugh:

I'm actually rather suprised at the combination of channels you mentioned... Sky News uses a very high bitrate (best quality digital channel out there) but the music channels are usually fairly low bitrate... Pixel+ tends not to like these!

5. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It likes the bitrate more than my ears like all that manufactured s**t!Keeping my fingers crossed that the Kerrang channel comes to Freeview!:devil: