confused ?

karkus30

Banned
Watched Pulp Fiction on my PJ for the first time.

But for some reason I had to change the PJ settings to Normal screen 4:3 or it was squeezed up. I have never had to do this with any other film, so why this one .:confused:

This means the player was set to 16:9 and the PJ to 4:3 worked fine, but definitely weird.

Every so often I notice threads describing aspect ratios and things, but not being too interested in the techy aspects of films, I usually ignore them. Have I missed something vital??:eek:

buns

Banned
im defintely confused! Your other thread has just said all sorts of nasty things about my avforums credentials and not let me read it! :p

anyhow........non anamorphic transfer?

ad

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by buns
im defintely confused! Your other thread has just said all sorts of nasty things about my avforums credentials and not let me read it! :p

anyhow........non anamorphic transfer?

ad

what did it say ?????

non anamorphic transfer , ohh err mother. Have to do some reading now. But does this mean I have got to alter the setting everytime I see that aspect ratio on the cover, or is this not related.

buns

Banned
dear me! I thought you would have known about anamorphic'ness!!! :p

I always have had to fiddle about with settings with non anamorphic discs.......but never pay much attention cos most are anamorphic in the 1st place. Now i dont pay any attention at all because the pc autodetects what it is and i can forget about worrying!

ad

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by buns
dear me! I thought you would have known about anamorphic'ness!!! :p

I always have had to fiddle about with settings with non anamorphic discs.......but never pay much attention cos most are anamorphic in the 1st place. Now i dont pay any attention at all because the pc autodetects what it is and i can forget about worrying!

ad

Thats, that, then.

Er where can I get an autodetect hack for a Philips 962 :clown:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom