Confused

D

Dozer

Can anyone help as I’ve totally confused myself.

Current setup is a TH42PE50B which has Sky on scart 3, a vcr/dvd combo on scart 1 which is connected to a hi-fi with pro-logic for the surround sound and a dvd on component and also connected to the hi-fi.

I’ve decided to get a Yamaha CDR-HD1500 and was going to connect this to the hi-fi also. I then thought that as we only ever play cd’s I could get rid of the hi-fi and use an av amp, probably a Yamaha RXV 657 or DSP-AX757SE for the surround.

The question is - would the av amp act as an amp for the cd player, is it horrendous to wire and simply would this work?

AV amps have shed loads of connections. So yes it would act as an amp for a cd player, mini-disk player, mp3 player, record player, dvd player etc etc as there are loads of inputs.

Its very simple. You just take the RCA (red and white) cable from the CD and whack it in two of the RCA's on the amp. This would be sending an analogue signal. Alternatively you could use the optical connection if you want to go the digital route.

http://www.yamaha-uk.com/av_amps_receivers/?product_id=57

Its not that tricky, each of the inputs on the back is well labelled. My amp has many inputs also, but in reality not many get used now digital connections are used.

The red and white connections will be no different from what are on your hi fi for sending a stereo signal.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom