1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by steve k, May 15, 2001.

1. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Phoned a couple of places today to get some prices on the Denon AS1 and B&W speakers.
    SBD priced the Denon at £1899, I asked
    the guy if it was a gray import he said no but when i spoke to another store (Music Matters) the guy there seamed a bit concerned and told me that the Denon can only be sold by autherised Denon dealers and didn't think that SBD was, as the price seamed low.
    Have any of you lads out there got any thoughts on what I have been told.

Steve :confused:

2. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    PS. Am i right in thinking the Denon can be upgraded to PL11.
    Sorry for all the questions but I'm still a bit green about home cinema and want to find out as much as i can before spending me spondolicks on such a beast.

Steve ;)

3. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Dear Steve,

AS1? - AVC-A1SE?

Firstly, I bought my AVC-A1SE from sdb electronics at the start of the year for £1899,00. the first unit I received arrived a week late because Royal Mail had sent it to the wrong county. When I did eventually receive it, it transpired that Royal Mail had dropped the unit (the box and the polystyrene were damaged, and the unit did not play out of 2 channels.
    I phoned sdb and explained this, they were extremely helpful and came out the next Saturday (about 70 miles) and replaced it for a new one. I was very pleased with this service, but I believe that, given the choice again I would buy from an authorised Denon dealer.

As for the Dolby Pro Logic II upgrade, we know it is possible, the upgrade for the American equivalent AVR-5800 has been officially announced for months, but so far we have had no such announcements over here. If the upgrade was going to be made available, it might only be done through your authorised Denon dealer – the dealer that you bought the unit from – at cost to yourself. Tip: September is apparently the month to look out for…!

Mark

4. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26